27 June 2007

27 june 07

just returned from my obligatory before trip nars counter run. i felt guilty going to macy's, like i am cheating on my saks girls...but saks isn't two blocks from the office and it's blazing hot out today. the semi-creepy girl helped me. she always remembers me(maybe she doesn't get very many customers?) which is nice, but she's strange. it could have something to do with the fact that the first time she rang me up, i was making an exchange and she asked if my boyfriend had bought the makeup for me as a gift. i said, "no, it was a present from my friend's husband." she gave me a very strange look. anyway, i was there to get more black eyeliner(i am going to a lot of goth clubs on this tour, heh), but they were out of stock, so i bought this black powder with a greenish shimmer to it. i hope it works well!

packing, packing and more packing. today will mark three days of packing. i don't recall how long it took me to pack the last time i spent 2 weeks in CA. not this long, i hope. i was almost on the road as much as i will be now...i've got to put an end to it tonight. i've got plans to meet the posse for sushi + drinks. let's see if i can stay on good behavior and come home at a reasonable hour w/out having had __ shots of jameson. i haven't been on a flight before 10am in about four years and tomorrow i will need to be on my way to the airport before the time i usually get up. it will be worth it to get into santa barbara before 4pm(at least that is what i will be telling myself when i am up before dawn).

good-bye unbearable humid weather(at least for the weekend), good-bye worthless #56 bus that never comes when it supposed to, good-bye division street bars, and last but not least, good-bye dear chicago friends! i'll see y'all in a couple of weeks. hopefully sans souther'n accent(i'll try, but i can't promise anything. everytime i go west of the mississippi, it hits me).

butterfly beach, arigato sushi w/my sister, and LA friends...see you very, very soon!

No comments: